NADIIIAA/Josten’s Community Service Award
Each year, the National Association of Division III
Athletics Administrators (NADIIIAA) and Jostens co-sponsor
a “community service recognition program” to bring recognition
to the many contributions Division III student-athletes regularly
make to their campuses and local communities.
The program recognizes institutions
in three separate community service categories. In addition to the
recognition associated with winning the award, the NADIIIAA and
Jostens make a $1,000 contribution to the general scholarship
fund of the institutions. The awards are presented as part of
the NADIIIAA reception conducted at the annual NCAA Convention.
The process for submitting
a nomination is as follows:
- A link for downloading the official nomination form may be found below.
- All nominations must be submitted via Email using the official nominating form. Facsimilies and other submission formats will not be accepted.
- Instructions for completing, formatting, and submitting nominations are included on the official nominating form.
- Institutions and conferences may submit multiple nominations in the same category and/or in different categories.
- A separate nominating form must be submitted for each nomination.
- The nomination deadline is NOVEMBER 25th.
The following guidelines are
to be applied for submitting a nomination:
Nominations may be submitted by institutions or conferences and will be considered in the following
three award categories:
- A one-time community service project
- An array of community service projects, or
- An on-going community
service project conducted during the previous academic year (i.e.,
The projects/activities can be performed
by a single team, a combination of teams, a student-athlete advisory
committee, or all the student-athletes at any given institution or across a conference.
The nominations will be reviewed
by a committee comprising active NADIIIAA members. The
committee will consider a number of factors including,but not limited
to, the following:
- The objective(s) of the community service project(s).
- The campus or community need(s) that
were addressed by the project(s).
- The target audience(s).
- The number of student-athletes actively
involved in the project(s).
- The duration of the project(s).
- The impact the project(s) had on the
- The method in which the impact of
the project(s) was evaluated.